“Recently there has been an increase in vehicle thefts throughout the Logan area,” says Senior Constable Lou Carey.
“We are calling on all owners and drivers of vehicles to lock those vehicles at all times and to also secure your keys. Further to this, ensure that you are securing all entry points to your house, even when you are home.
There are easy tips and steps we can take to ensure this kind of crime can be prevented in the future. Here are some on securing your car and other property.
- Always close your garage door even when you are home
- Secure your vehicle in well-lit areas
- Remove valuables from within your vehicle and do not leave them in clear sight
- Consider installing a motion alarm on your vehicle and dash cam that records when the vehicle is not in use
- Also consider the installation of fencing at the front of your property to prevent access to the home
- Remember to store your keys away from easy reach and view of opportunistic offenders
- External doors of your home should be solid and fitted with quality locks
- Fit security screens to all glass doors and windows
- Install an intruder alarm that not only covers motion but windows and door opening or sliding.
Or head to the Queensland Police Service website for more crime prevention information here.