Scenic Rim Regional Council has finalised which local projects have been approved for its $3,695,205.33 in Local Economic Recovery (LER) grant funding, as administered by the Queensland Reconstruction Authority (QRA).
The LER Program aims to support projects that contribute to local and regional and social recovery in areas most severely impacted by the Queensland Bushfires.
The funding is jointly provided by the Australian and Queensland governments through the Category D of the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements.
The approved local projects are:
- Upgrades to Vonda Youngman Community Centre – $600,009
- Upgrades to community facilities as places of refuge – $309,921.33
- Boonah Cinema Upgrade – $67,500
- Achieving BusinessDevelopment – Scenic Rim Entrepreneurial Hub Online Program – $30,000
- Refurbish Tamborine Mountain Library – $2,141,687
- Business and Industry Development through the ScenicRim Supply Chain Capability Program – $46,088
- Binna Burra Lodge upgrades to Teahouse, Camping Facilities and Amenities – $500,000